Wednesday, March 4, 2009

We Love Daddy

So I know that a lot of women think that men should not be overly praised for doing things that should be part of ordinary day but I say poo to that! There are not a lot of men that I know that take the time to just sit and talk with their babies, jump up to change diapers, or offer to hold a screaming baby just to hold her. I for one am happy that Calleigh has such a hands on daddy. Ben has been extremely patient. Before Calleigh was even here we had this little joke about T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Acheives More) He stole it from one of his friends. . I try to remember T.E.A.M. when times get a little rough. Things will only get worse if we don't work together. My stress level would be sky high if Ben were not around to keep me grounded. Calleigh gets cranky from 7-9 every night. The other night Ben turned up the Jazz music and rocked her to sleep while I took a long bath and enjoyed a glass of wine. The kid slept from 9pm - 2am. It was great! It is the little things he does that help so much. Like taking the dogs outside to play ball or burping Calleigh after I feed her. I don't have to ask him to do these things. He just does them! So I guess all I am saying is heres to the men that actually think that taking care of a baby is not all the womens' responsibility. To the ones that realise that moms (especially first timers) need all the support they can get! Thank you Ben for all you do! I can't tell you enough how much we appreciate you. We would be lost without you! Love you!

1 comment:

KariAnne and Benny said...

Calleigh belives in TEAM work too...just like the little picture to the right of her doing a cheer, she's shouting, "Go TEAM Murphy"

Ben is great and I am glad you two have each other. You are both wonderful and amazing people and Calleigh is definitley the most loved little gal around!