Friday, March 27, 2009

Not Feeling so good

Calleigh has not been feeling too good this week. She has always spit up after eating but it was getting worse. Starting Sunday night I started noticing some tummy rumbles. Then she went to Jan's house Monday and she noticed it too. By Tuesday she was spitting up tons and really cranky. Grammy Di and I both thought I just ate something that bothered her. Thursday she was supposed to go to Jan's but her grand kids were sick so I decided to stay home with Calleigh instead. Thank goodness I did. It was the worst day ever. She was screaming all day with only little naps. She would scream while she ate and that just made it worse. I started reading up on Acid Reflux and decided that she needed to go to the doctor. We went Friday morning and her doctor agreed that she was suffering from acid reflux. She was given a prescription for Zantac. The doctor also said to thicken her bottles with rice cereal. Since I breastfeed that can be a little hard. But we have decided just to pump so we can give her a bottle in the morning and at night with the cereal. I also have to make a complete change in my diet. No dairy (which means cheese is off limits :( ) no caffeine, citrus fruits and juices, tomato products (bye bye spaghetti and Chicken Parmesan) and the list goes on. BUT I know that breast milk is best for her so grilled chicken and rice is fine with me! Plus it may help me loose these last 10 or so pounds! So today Calleigh isn't feeling well again. She just had a crying fit after eating. It can take a few weeks for the medicine to kick in they say. But most people started to see results in a few days. Hopefully we are one of them! I never thought I would join one of those "mom's whose baby has something support groups" but I did. It has a lot of suggestions. It is also a big relief that other mom's have to hear the horrible horrible cry and know there is nothing you can do about it. Calleigh is sleeping soundly in her swing right now. Thank goodness! Other than that her doctor said she is doing fine. She is still gaining weight. She was 9 pounds on Friday! Can you believe she still does not weigh what I did when I was born (9 pounds, 9 ounces.) So that's what's new this week.

No comments: