Sunday, May 10, 2009

My First Real Mommy's Day

I always considered myself a Mommy before Calleigh. After all I do have two little rascals that really don't know they are dogs! This year was extra special because of Calleigh! Plus Ben actually celebrated it with me. The day really started at 4:00am when Calleigh woke up and Daddy put her right back to bed until 6:30. I was thinking I should sleep in longer but honestly the morning time is my favorite with Calleigh. She is the most playful and fun first thing out of bed! She doesn't take after me in that sense! I opened my card and present (a nice bottle of Cab)We all had breakfast and I got dressed while Calleigh took a long nap. We took the dogs to the park for some ball time and a dip in the river. Then we went to lunch at Kiko's Tacos (nummy!) and the nice lady gave me a rose for mommy's day. After lunch we went to Home Depot for a few things and then to the store. Came home and Calleigh took another long nap and I actually sat outside in the sun and read! I haven't sat down with a book since before Calleigh was born and it was nice to read something that didn't have anything to do with "how to be a better parent." The day ended with a nice bbq over at Lis' house with the family. Calleigh was a little cranky since she missed a nap but she held out ok. When we got home we were all very tired. Calleigh and I fell asleep talking on the couch and the pups decided it looked like a comfy spot too. Thanks for the great Mother's Day Ben! It was perfect!





1 comment:

Clemence Family said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I am glad you had a great first mothers day! Love you, Miss you!
Carrie