Where or where do I begin? Well Calleigh turned 2! In February :) Just this month we took a trip to California to visit Ben's Grandma Mimi and while we were there we stopped in to say hello to Mickey Mouse and the gang at Disney Land. We stayed at the Disney Land Hotel, (I can't wait to go back) ate at the Rainforest Cafe, took Calleigh on some fun rides, and pretty much had a great time. Then we headed to Santa Paula to see Mimi. Calleigh had not had the chance to meet her Great Grandma so it was a really special visit for sure. We went to the beach in Ventura and the Santa Barbara Zoo. We drove to Carpinteria to visit Uncle Geoff and Uncle Mike, or as Calleigh likes to call them "those guys." I just love their house! It was an absolutely fun trip! Calleigh is a seasoned traveler now. She did a fantastic job at being the good little girl she is!
So since turning 2 Calleigh has mastered the potty. She is completely diaper/training pants free. Even over night! She rarely has an accident these days. I can't believe how easy that was. Yes I am braging. Because when you have a 2 year old not everything is so easy! She loves to talk and does it very well. She says words that are beyond her years and she uses them correctly. I love having full on conversations with her and knowing that she understands me. And if she doesn't she will tell me. She is also very literal. Example: I said "Calleigh can you give mommy a break please?" She said "Mommy I don't have break to give you!"
Calleigh loves playing outside. Especially since she can peddle her bike and ride her scooter like a pro. She is always in the garage because that is always where her daddy is! She loves "fixing" things. I almost got mad the other day when she came in the house with grease and dirt all over her. Then I remembered that my favorite thing to do when I was little was to be in the garage with my dad "fixing" stuff. My dad even wrote about it to me in one of his last letters. So I didn't get mad. I sent her back out to get dirtier! They are just clothes after all. And the time she gets to spend with her daddy is priceless. For her...and me :)
I know I am leaving a bunch of other cute things out but it is time to start dinner. Below are some radom pictures of Ms. Calleigh and some from our trip. Enjoy!
Happy Birthday!
At Hubby's for her Birthday Dinner
Just being my silly girl :)
She finally got comfy on the plane. Such a big girl!
Waiting in line to meet a Princess
Calleigh now calls her "My Princess"
Fell asleep in the middle of Disney Land
Cousin "CC" and Calleigh with their ears
In Mimi's Rose Garden
At Mimi's
Calleigh giving Mimi a big hug!
No comments:
Post a Comment