2. When my baby wakes up with a smile and I am the first to see it, I am guaranteed an awesome day.
3. It is ok to feel like I need a break and I need to take more of them.
4. My daughters curiosity makes me rediscover all the wonders of the simple life. A dog bowl is somehow the most interesting thing in our house these days!
5. A 7 month old does not know what 1 second means unless you are talking about the time it takes to get from the living room to the dog bowl by army crawling!
6. A glass of wine and 15 minutes in the hot tub with my husband is the best vacation ever!
7. My dogs are great "babysitters"
8. Just because she says daddy first doesn't mean she loves him more.
9. Sitting in the grass with mommy just talking is a fun thing to do.
10. I don't ever want to be a single mom. I am not strong or patient enough.
11. To go along with #10. There are times when I "think" my husband doesn't do enough. Then he is gone for a night and I realize he does.
12. I haven't talked to some great friends in a long time. I know they are still there for me and they understand that I am still getting used to this mommy thing.
13. Telling my daughter no for the first time broke my heart. But she and I will both get over it.
14. The people you expected the least from support you the most when you have a baby.
15. Dog toys = baby toys and vice versa.
16. My house is way smaller than I thought!
17. The most tech savvy, expensive, bling blinging toy is never going to take the place of my one on one interaction with my baby.
18. My gag reflex is almost non-existent. There is something about a poopie diaper that will change a women.
19. Work, grocery shopping and dust bunnies will still be there tomorrow. My time with my baby is precious.
20. When my husband tells me I am beautiful I believe him. After all I am wearing shorts with holes in them, my hair is un straigtened and pulled back and I have spit up, sweet potatoes and breast milk all over my shirt.
21. Wiener dogs clean up best!
22. I used to remember every detail of everything. Now...not so much.
23. Take other moms' advice. You can choose to throw it away after they walk away.
24. How my daughter is dressed is more important then how I am.
25. Take every day one day at a time. I worried constantly about the what if and how are we going to. My daughter is content. She smiles when I do the right thing and cries when I don't. I trust her judgement. She WILL tell me when I am wrong and expect nothing less from her!
1 comment:
Awe Robin, you are so sweet. I love it! Calleigh is a very blessed little girl to have you as her mommy! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow :)
Post a Comment