Thursday, November 13, 2008

Test Run

So yesterday was an eventful day for us. I hadn't been feeling all to good the last couple of days. I had been feeling pressure and a little discomfort since Monday. I thought it was from the ultrasound because we had a student and she was not the most gentle person. She pushed pretty hard on my cervix. So yesterday when I woke up I had a little spotting and some cramping. I called my doctor who of course saw me right away. He found my cervix to be fine but wanted us to go to the hospital to get an internal ultrasound just to be safe. So we got admitted to KGH, they did the ultrasound and my cervix was fine. They also hooked me up to the monitors to make sure Calleigh's heart beat was good and that I wasn't having contractions. The spotting they determined was old blood. Apparently the cervix can just bleed a little for unexplained reasons. This being my first pregnancy I wasn't about to take any chances. The Doctor put me on modified rest. Pretty much take it easy for the next few days.

So (thinking positive here) we got to pre-register and have a tour of the hospital. We are calling it our test run! At least I know what to expect when the real day does come. I will be packing my hospital bag in the next week!

No comments: